Video: Find a Packaging Supplier in 5 Minutes
In this short video, we demonstrate how you can quickly enter a Paint blending and packaging project with volume of 1,000 gallons per week. We start on the ChemVM home page and select the chemical service needed (in this case, he selects Packaging and Labeling), the location in Dallas, and the start date, which for our example project is 3-6 months. After these quick first three steps, we click on "Get Started" and in a few minutes, walk you through the intuitive, menu-driven interface to define requirements and select a list of matched suppliers.
Within one minute of starting the project - on the second page of project entry - the ChemVM system already identifies matched suppliers. During the video, you can see additional features of the ChemVM platform in action, including:
- Designating that the project is for a thin liquid, since the project is to package glycerine
- Defining the required distance from Dallas where the supplier needs to be located and adding other locations if needed
- Indicating what hazards apply to the project and uploading the SDS
- Specifying the quantity to be made, which in this project is 1,000 gallons per month
- Selecting from a list of containers, in this case 1,000 kg IBC/Totes
- Choosing the type of labels required and specific data to be printed on the labels, such as Batch/Lot Number, Date of Manufacture and Part Number
- Specifying that the supplier must have Food Grade certification
- Indicating the paint be packaged into 1 gallon containers with adhesive labels printed by the service provider that include data for Batch/Lot Number, Date of Manufacture, Full Color and Part Number
- Applying weight to the most important criteria to tell the ChemVM system what's most important in ranking the matched suppliers; in this case that the service provider has the exact containers required and is Food Grade certified
As the video progresses through adding the above requirements, the ChemVM algorithm works in the background to update the matched suppliers based on newly added criteria. Once all project criteria is entered, you see a Review page where you can double check that the information entered is accurate and edit entries as needed.
In this video, we demonstrate how in less than five minutes, a packaging project is entered, submitted and the system dynamically matches suppliers. Click on the video below to see how easy it is to find your next Packaging and Labeling supplier:
Chemical Suppliers and Customers Get Started Here
Are you a chemical supplier wanting more leads? Chemical toll and custom manufacturers as well as contract formulators, packagers, and warehouse operators can register at chemvm.com/register or learn more here.
Are you a chemical customer frustrated with the time and effort it takes to find the right supplier? Chemical procurement and supply chain leaders, chemical process engineers, entrepreneurs and other buyers needing a private label product made, market testing, production outsourcing, or formulation and process engineering support can get started by entering their project at chemvm.com/customers.