Seeking a Chemical Sales Leader
The sky is the limit to the value we hope to bring to the chemical industry, and we can't do it without an outstanding sales leader. We are actively seeking a veteran of the chemical industry with a passion for sales to join our team as Vice President of Sales. If you meet the below qualifications, or know someone who does, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: Vice President of Sales
ChemVM Technologies, Inc., an online platform transforming how chemical services are found, is seeking an industry sales veteran to join our startup venture, reporting to the COO. A unique opportunity for a highly motivated business leader, the ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of the chemical space with broad commercial knowledge of the end-to-end processes in chemical processing to build a steady and growing pipeline of business. The Vice President of Sales will also grow the sales team over time, and play an active role in the development of our online platform to ensure users have an excellent, valuable experience they want to use again.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for the design and implementation of the sales plan to establish and expand the company’s customer base and achieve sales targets. Additionally, as the company grows, the VP of Sales will be responsible for building and managing the sales team including organizational development, processes, technology and performance.
Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience in the chemical industry, specifically in chemical processing or chemical distribution
- 10+ years of experience in sales with growing management responsibilities and demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Experience with and comfortable employing varied sales outreach methods including phone, video conference, email and in-person (post-COVID)
- Exceptional ability to craft, tailor and deliver effective messages to customers depending on where they are in the buying journey and their role in the company (ie, procurement manager vs. process engineer)
- Ability to understand chemical customer project requirements and identify ideal service providers (e.g., toll or custom manufacturers, 3PLs) that best match those requirements
- Interview skills to effectively profile chemical service providers’ capabilities, equipment and unique expertise
- Relationship-builder who connects with potential customers and earns their trust by understanding their needs
- Well-versed in setting up and using CRM systems to manage customer contact records, opportunities and deals
- Strategic thinker who considers competitive threats, understands market opportunities and contributes to driving the business forward (including identifying new revenue streams)
- Highly resourceful, do-what-it-takes attitude focused on execution and achieving objectives
- Experience negotiating contract terms and pricing
- Lives the ChemVM shared values to:
- Listen…by seeking to understand and build trusting relationships
- Think…by stepping back, analyzing and striving for the best creation
- Create…by rapidly ideating and iterating
- Share…by offering your perspective and data to get to the best result
- Deliver…by overcoming obstacles, executing and owning your role
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Chemical industry experience in formulation processes (physical blending and chemical reactions), chemical & physical blending, packaging operations and equipment (liquid and dry), warehousing and logistics
- Graduate degree in related technical or business field (ie, MBA)
- Aptitude and interest in software development and digital transformation
- Previous experience and/or interest in a startup environment
- Experience working closely with marketing to define service-level agreements including shared funnel metrics, lead stages, and roles and responsibilities
- Experience and interest in growing international sales
Location: Home office
Job Status: This position can be either fulltime employment or part-time contract. It is most important to us that we find the ideal candidate to join our team and are therefore flexible to job status and terms. As such, compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and agreed-upon job terms.
Travel: During the current pandemic, no travel is expected. However, when travel is deemed safe, this role may include up to 20% domestic travel.
Interested and qualified? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.